Lightspeed R-Series Inventory Count
This article is meant to expand on the Lightspeed Article, "Counting Inventory". Please be sure to review Lightspeed's article and video in the article before moving forward. Please note Lightspeed's "Full Count" and "Spot Count" terms.
Pro Tip! To search content in this article, type CTRL + F on your keyboard and enter a word / topic you are seeking.
Below are 4 videos created by iPOS for your review. You may watch the video within this article or click the hyperlink to view in another window.
iPOS Video Quick Links
- Part 1: Creating Inventory Counts with Tips
- Part 2: Performing a 'Standard' Inventory Count
- Part 3: Importing Counts
- Part 4: Using Worksheets to Perform an Inventory Count
Items to consider BEFORE starting your Inventory Count:
Are you going to set items not counted to zero?
These could be missed items or items not currently in stock
Are you going to break your Inventory Count into multiple Counts?
Although you do not assign items to a count, you can filter counted or missed items by Category, Brand, Tag or a combination of all 3.
Are you going to have multiple devices to perform your count?
Are you going to have different users signed in to these devices?
- By setting Missed (not counted) items to zero, you are ensuring your inventory is more accurate. Be sure to double check to make sure you do NOT have stock of the Missed item before you set it to zero.
- By grouping your Inventory Count into multiple, smaller Counts, you can count designated items within a count. Although you are not assigning any items to a Count, you can filter Counted, Totaled, Missed, and items you want to Reconcile.
Counting with an iPad and Bluetooth Scanner
If you did not rent or purchase an iPad bundle with a scanner from iPOS that comes pre-configured, you will need to install the Retail POS App for R-Series on your iPad and then connect your barcode scanner. See help articles below and then continue to the next section.
Please note that if you rented or purchased a scanner only from iPOS, reference this article to connect to your iPad as you will not be setting up a new scanner.
Counting with an iPad and Bluetooth Scanner from iPOS
The below steps walk you through using an iPad and bluetooth scanner which have been rented or purchased from iPOS to use the Lightspeed Retail POS app for the purpose of performing an Inventory Count using the web browser version in the Lightspeed Retail POS app. Please note that the bluetooth scanner is already paired to the iPad and will need to be turned on. We have also included an Apple USB A charging adapter and a USB A to micro cable for charging the Socket bluetooth scanner. Please remember to turn off the Socket bluetooth scanner by pressing and holding the circular power button when it is not in use.
Go to Settings on the iPad and connect to your wireless network that you will be using for the Inventory Count.
Open the Lightspeed Retail POS app on the iPad from the home screen.
- Sign into the Lightspeed Retail POS app with your credentials.
- Make sure that you have selected the correct store in Lightspeed Retail (if you have more than 1).
- Tap Manager in the lower right hand corner.
- Tap Inventory.
- In the section named Inventory Management, tap Inventory Counts.
- Follow all the instructions in the section named To create a count and Inventory changes during a count from Lightspeed Retail in their article named Counting Inventory here.