Check contents of box to be sure you have all necessary equipment:
Scanner (data collection device)
Serial to USB Cable
1. Insert battery into data collection device.
2. Power on the device.
3. You will see a screen that looks like the picture below:
Notice the bottom row lists the date, time, collection count, and battery level.
4. Check to be sure battery level is full as shown above.
5. Check to be sure collection count is 0000 as shown above. If collection count is 0000, proceed to step 6. If collection count is not 0000, proceed through the following steps to clear the counts.
6. From the main screen: 3. Utilities > 3. Clear Records>All or last collected? ALL > Are you sure? 1. Yes > you will then be returned to the main menu.
7. Connect the power cable to the cradle and plug into a power supply.
8. Open Internet Explorer and go to the following link to download the necessary drivers.
9. Please click the button labeled “Save As” in the below window.
10. In the Windows Explorer Window, first click on the “Downloads” entry under Favorites and then click on “Save”.
11. Once the download has completed, please click the button labeled “Open folder” as shown below.
12. Once you are in your “Downloads” folder, right click on the file named “CP210x_VCP_Windows” and click on “Extract All…”.
13. Make sure that the option for “Show extracted files when complete” is checked and then click on “Extract”.
14. Once it has finished extracting the files, double click on the folder named “CP210x_VCP_Windows”.
15. If your version of Windows is 64 bit, please right click on the file named “CP210xVCPInstaller_x64” and then click on “Run as administrator”.
16. If your version of Windows is 32 bit, please right click on the file named “CP210xVCPInstaller_x86” and then click on “Run as administrator”.
17. Please click “Yes” when prompted as shown below.
18. Please click “Next”.
19. First click the radio button labeled “I accept this agreement” then click “Next”.
20. Once the driver installation has completed, please click “Finish”.
21. Connect the serial to USB cable by connecting the serial end to the cradle and the USB end to an open USB port on the computer. You may see a window pop up saying “Installing device driver software.” Another window will pop up saying that the drivers installed correctly.
22. On your physical inventory collection scanner device, select option 1- Run program. Scan one or two items for testing purposes only. Enter quantity, click the enter button to return.
23. Right click “My Computer” and click “Manage”.
24 Click on “Device Manager”.
25. Double click on “Ports (COM & LPT)”.
26. Double click on “Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COMX)” and note the virtual COM port here _______.
27. Click on the tab named “Port Settings”.
28. Click on the drop down box for “Bits per second” and then click “115200”.
29. Click “OK”.
30. Close Computer Management by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner of the application window.
31. Take the scanner and go out to the main menu by pressing the “ESC” button until you are presented with three options.
32. Press 3 for Utilities.
33. Press 5 for Settings.
34. Press 4 for Transmit Speed.
35. Press 1 for 115200 bps.
36. Press Enter to confirm the setting.
37. Go to the main menu by pressing the ESC button until you are presented with three options.
38. Press 2 for Send Data.
39. Insert the physical inventory scanner into the cradle.
40. Open your POS Software. Go to Preference>Hardware Wizard
41. Select Physical Inventory Scanner, then choose the appropriate physical inventory scanner type from the two options listed then click “Next”.
42. Click “Test the scanner”.
43. Click “Begin Test”.
44. You will see a Test Successful message. Click Close.
45. You may get a message stating that the “Physical Inventory Scanner Not Detected”. If you do, please click “OK”. This message can be ignored as the inventory scanner is installed properly.
46. Click Leave to exit the Hardware Setup Wizard.
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE NOW SUCCESSFULLY
INSTALLED YOUR PHYSICAL INVENTORY SCANNER!