Revel has implemented a tool that allows our Support team to remotely push firmware updates for FreedomPay payment terminals. Revel can ensure that client’s payment terminals’ are operating with the most up-to-date firmware versions to be in line with the current industry standards. This will help to ensure clients’ payment terminals are PCI compliant throughout their time with Revel.
Clients will need to utilize the Revel Assist app to enroll their payment terminals in the tool. Please follow the steps below to complete the enrollment process.
Please note that you will want to make sure that all payments have been captured and sent to the processor before this process is performed. Preferably this should be done either before you open for business or after you close for business so that it doesn't impact your operations.
- Steps to Enroll Payment Terminals Using Revel Assist App
- Enrollment Process - Important Details
Steps to Enroll Payment Terminals Using Revel Assist App
- Open Revel Assist app on any POS iPad connected to the Revel network.
- Select Cardswipe Management:
- Tap Select to Enroll, select all payment terminals and tap Request Enrollment:
- Accept acknowledgement that the payment terminals will be busy for the duration of the enrollment process. This may take up to 10 minutes:
- Enter the email address where the confirmation email will be sent and start the enrollment.
- Payment terminals will reboot several times during the enrollment / update process. Revel Assist app will notify you once the process is complete:
- Select Close.
- Close the Revel Assist app.
Note: All successfully enrolled payment terminals will reboot between 2 AM and 4 AM your local time once every week to get the latest firmware updates from the server. This will ensure your devices are always up to date.
Enrollment Process - Important Details
Below are important details regarding the enrollment process:
- The Revel Assist app MUST remain open throughout the enrollment process.
- If the Revel Assist app is put in the background, the enrollment process will PAUSE. However, it will continue where it left off once the app is in the foreground.
- If the Revel Assist app is closed, the enrollment process will STOP. You will need to reopened the Revel Assist app and retry the enrollment process.
- It takes 5-7 minutes for the enrollment process to be completed. The payment terminal will reboot 4 times during this process.
- All successfully enrolled payment terminals will reboot between 2 AM and 4 AM your local time once every week to get the latest firmware updates from the server. This will ensure your devices are always up to date.