With 2.70, you can now send a ticket from the POS that prints in the kitchen, telling the kitchen it's time to bring food out to the customer using Runner Print.
Runner print is ideal for businesses that have a large physical separation from the front of house and back of house.
Enabling Runner Print
To enable Runner Print:
- In the Management Console, go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type Runner in the search bar.
- Check the box for Runner Printer so the setting appears on the right side of the screen.
- Enable Runner Print.
- Once you enable runner print, you'll see 4 more options appear in the left side menu. Check the box for all of these so their settings appear on the right side of the screen:
- Runner Printer
- Runner Print Options
- Automate Runner Print
- Limit Automated Runner Print:
- In the Runner Printer field, enter the printer(s) that needs to print the runner ticket.
- For the Runner Print Options field, select the details you'd like to print on the runner tickets.
- You may automate the printing of Runner Print Receipts under certain conditions. Select Order Done and/or I've Arrived + Full Payment if you'd like the runner ticket to print when these conditions are applied.
- For the Limit Automated Runner Print field, select which order types will automatically print a Runner Print Ticket when the automated conditions are met.
- Click Save when done.
Runner Printer on the POS
Once you've enabled Runner Printer per the instructions above, you can manual trigger runner print tickets to print via the POS. To do this:
- On the POS, open a new or existing order. Tap the 3-dot icon at the top of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, tap Print Runner Ticket. This will print the ticket to the assigned printer: