With Revel 2.70, you can now create and configure up to 15 order options of your choosing. This will be helpful is you use third party vendors like Uber Eats or Postmates.
Once a custom order option is created, it's available to all establishments within a URL.
Your order options can be used everywhere you can assign order options as a field, like products, taxes, discounts, service fees, etc.
- Creating Custom Order Options
- Assigning Custom Order Options to Printers
- Assigning Custom Order Options to POS Stations
Creating Custom Order Options
To create custom order options:
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type Custom Order Options in the search bar.
- Check the box for Custom Order Options so the settings appear on the right side of the screen.
- Enter the name of your customer order option and then click the icon to edit it:
- In the pop up window, select if you'd like this order option to Prompt for Seat/Guest Count, Use Is Cold Taxation Rules, Print Customer Address on Receipts, and also set the KDS Color if preferred. Click Save when done:
- Edit your other custom order options or click Save on the Settings page if you're done.
Assigning Custom Order Options to Printers
To assign your custom order options to specific printers:
- In the Management Console, go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type Printer Setup in the search bar.
- Check the box for Printer setup by dining type so the setting appears on the right side of the screen.
- Next, click the Configure Now button:
- In the overlay window, select which printers belong to which dining types.
- You can also set Printer Delay times here. This field controls how many minutes before a due date an order will print or display.
- Click Save when done:
Assigning Custom Order Options to Stations
Please see this article to learn how to assign your order options to your Point of Sale stations.