How to configure CipherLab 2200 scanner for serial communication with Revel POS
- Take the scanner out of the box and disconnect the default RJ45 to USB cable from the rear of the scanner.
- Take the RJ45 to serial cable and plug the RJ45 end of the cable into the rear of the scanner until it locks into place via the locking tab.
- Take the US AC outlet adapter and insert it into the USB power adapter until it locks in.
- Plug the USB end of the power cable into the USB power adapter.
- Plug the power cable end of the power cable into the port on the serial cable.
- Configure a Revel R212 unit accordingly and connect it to the Revel POS network.
- Scan the "Enter Setup" barcode.
- Scan the "Activate RS232" barcode.
- Scan the "115200 bps" barcode.
- Scan the "Update" barcode".
- Make sure that the appropriate Barcode Scanner is created in the Revel Management Console for an iPad.
- Ring up a new sale in Revel POS and scan a barcode and verify that it is communicating properly.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Article is closed for comments.