Check the contents of the box to be sure you have all necessary equipment:
• Scanner (data collection device)
• Serial to USB cable
• Power adapter
1. Insert battery into data collection device.
2. Power on the device.
3. You will see a screen that looks like the picture below.
Notice the bottom row lists the date, time, collection count and battery level.
4. Check to be sure that the battery is fully charged as shown above.
5. Check to be sure the collection count is “0000” as shown above. If the collection count is “0000”, then proceed to step #6. If the collection count is not “0000”, proceed through the following steps to clear the counts.
6. From the main screen hit the following buttons in order.
7. Connect the power adapter to the cradle and plug it into an AC outlet.
8. Open Internet Explorer and go to the following link to download the necessary drivers.
9. Please click the button labeled “Save As” in the below window.
10. In the Windows Explorer window, first click on the “Downloads” entry under Favorites and then click on “Save”.
11. Once the download has completed, please click the button labeled “Open folder” as show below.
12. Once you are in your “Downloads” folder, right click on the file named “CP210x_VCP_Windows” and click on “Extract All…”.
13. Make sure that the option for “Show extracted files when complete” is checked and then click on “Extract”.
14. Once it has finished extracting the files, double click on the folder named “CP210x_VCP_Windows”.
15. If your version of Windows is 64 bit, please right click on the file named “CP210xVCPInstaller_x64” and then click on “Run as administrator”.
16. If your version of Windows is 32 bit, please right click on the file named “CP210xVCPInstaller_x86” and then click on “Run as administrator”.
17. Please click “Yes” when prompted as show below.
18. Please click “Next”.
19. First click the radio button labeled “I accept this agreement” and then click “Next”.
20. Once the driver installation has completed, please click “Finish”.
21. Connect the serial to USB cable by connecting the serial end to the cradle and the USB end to an open USB port on the workstation. You may see a window pop up saying “Installing device driver software”. Another window will pop up saying that the drivers installed correctly.
22. On your CipherLab 8000 physical inventory scanner, select option #1- Collect. Scan one or two existing inventory items for testing purposes only. Enter the quantity, click the Enter button to return. When finished, place the scanner back in the cradle.
23. On your CipherLab 8000 physical inventory scanner, select option #2 – Upload and keep the scanner in the cradle.
24. Open your QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop software.
25. Click on “File”, then click on “Hardware Setup Wizard”.
26. You will now be presented with the Hardware Setup Wizard.
27. In the left hand window pane, please click “Physical Inventory Scanner”.
28. In the drop down box, please click “CipherLab 8000 (USB)”.
29. Click “Next”.
30. Click “Test the Scanner”.
31. Click “Begin Test”.
32. Once the test has completed successfully, please click “Close”.
33. You may receive a message stating “Physical Inventory Scanner Not Detected”. If so, please click “OK”.
34. Click “Leave” to close the Hardware Setup Wizard.
35. The CipherLab 8000 physical inventory scanner has now been installed.