Variable pricing allows a different price of a product based on the amount of quantity or weight purchased. For example, if customer purchases 10 $5 beers, then each beer becomes $4.
NOTE: Modifiers that have their own prices will not ring up properly if applied to items with variable pricing.
Setting Up Variable Pricing
To sell an item with a variable price according to the quantity or the weight that a customer purchases:
- Log onto the Revel Management Console.
- Navigate to the desired product to have variable pricing enabled.
- Click the “pencil” icon to open the product details.
- Make sure "Pricing options" is checked on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the option "Variable pricing" and check it.
- Select if the variable price of the item will be calculated by quantity or weight.
- Click on “+ Add item” and two fields will appear. The left field is for quantity/weight; the second is for the new price.
- Enter in the quantity then enter the new price per item.
- It is possible to create multiple variable prices, repeat step 7. For example, if customer buys 10 beers, it’s $4 each, but if customer buys 15 beers, it’s $3 each.
- Hit Save at the top.
- Refresh Revel iPad application.