Install an EMV enabled Ingenico IPP Pin Pad
Step 1: Connect your new PIN Pad
- Plug the USB cable of the pin pad to the computer.
- The Pin Pad screen should light up.
Step 2: Install the device Drivers
- The newly connected device should be recognized by Windows and should install the required software drivers automatically.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install the drivers and finish the installation.
- If installation is successful, proceed to testing the PIN pad.
- If you have any issues installing, proceed to troubleshotting the PIN pad.
NOTE: The normal standby screen of the IPP350 will say This lane Closed, even when Point of Sale is open on the workstation. When you open a sales receipt, the screen will change to Please slide card.
Step 3: Test Pin Pad
- Go to POS Help>Hardware Troubleshooter
- Select the PIN Pad option and click Next
- If the PIN Pad is properly connected, drivers are properly installed and POS Software is up-to-date, you will be prompted to choose the PIN Pad model: From the Drop down list, select Ingenico Telium IPP3XX Series PIN Pad (USB).
- Click the Test PIN Pad button.
- On the next screen, click Begin Test.
- You should receive a prompt to slide the card.
- Select the Debit/Credit/Gift card option on the screen depending on the card swiped.
- Select the Credit Option.
- Confirm by selecting the YES option for the confirmation of amount in the screen by pressing the Green button.
- Close the test wizard upon completion of the test.
Troubleshoot the Drivers
NOTE: The drivers should be automatically installed by Windows as soon as the new PIN Pad is connected. Follow the steps below to check and install the available drivers for your PIN Pad.
- Go to Control Panel>Device Manager>Other Devices
- Right click and select Update Driver Software>Browse my computer for driver software>Next
- Complete the installation process. If a security message pops up, select Install Anyway.
- Upon successful driver installation, proceed to the Test PIN Pad instructions.
If the installation fails, proceed with the following steps:
- Download the Ingenico Telium Driver by going to the following link http://%20http//download2.pcamerica.com/drivers/Manufacturer/Ingenico/Ingenico_Telium_Driver.zip and then follow the steps below to manually install. After the file has finished downloading, extract the files within and run (double click) the UsbDrvInstall.exe file.
- Default location for drivers is usually shown. Select Next.
- In Windows 7, right click the UsbDrvInstall.exe file and select Run as administrator. If that option is not available, then hold down shift and then right-click Run as administrator.
- Select Next on the popup screen.
- Select Install and then Finish.
- Upon successful driver installation, proceed to the Test PIN Pad instructions above.
NOTE: If you are replacing an old PIN Pad model with the new IPP350 and the system is having trouble recognizing your newly connected PIN Pad, toggle the Pin Pad option in Hardware Troubleshooter.
- Select a different model of PIN Pad and reselect the Ingenico IPP3XX series PIN Pad (USB)
- If still not recognized, update the Point of Sale to the latest release by downloading from the following link: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/Support/ProductUpdates.aspx?lid=UpdateDownloads%20(SUB%20HDR), then proceed to Test PIN Pad.