How do I process a Chip Card Transaction?
Your IPP350 will process EMV transactions for chip cards. In addition, you will continue accepting all non-chip payment cards. Simply use the magnetic stripe for those transactions.
To process a chip card transaction, follow these five steps:
- Identify whether the card is a chip card.
- Initiate the transaction on your terminal by pressing  or [Enter], and following any additional prompts.
- Insert the chip card into the chip card reader (slot on the bottom-front of the terminal) and leave it there until the transaction completes.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the terminal.
- Let the customer complete the transaction by keying in a PIN or signing the receipt.