To properly scan a barcode into your POS system, follow the following procedures:
• Place cursor in the proper field within POS software.
• Hold scanner about 3-6 inches away from the barcode you would like to scan.
• Point your handheld barcode scanner above the barcode.
• Press and hold the trigger.
• Swipe down the barcode to scan.
• Release trigger.
Examples of proper scanning techniques:
Notice in each of the above examples, the entire barcode was scanned from top to bottom.
Improper scanning techniques:
Notice in the examples above, the barcode was not scanned in its entirety or was scanned from left to right instead of top to bottom. These methods will not work.