Follow these steps to connect an HP 2206 Touch Monitor to your HP ProDesk 400 G3 Point of Sale PC.
If you are connecting the Touch Monitor to an HP PC you purchased from iPOS, we are going to connect the Touch Monitor to the Display Port. Instead of connecting to the display port you could connect to the VGA and Sound ports using the cables with the blue ends and the green RCA Jack ends.
- Unbox the monitor and find the Power cord, USB cable and the Display Port cable (two black ends with connectors slightly larger than a USB-A end).
- Lay the monitor face down.
- Plug the Power cord into the monitor, under side to the left side on monitor.
- Plug the USB cable into the monitor, under side to the right side on monitor.
- Plug the Display Port cable into the monitor, under side in the middle (OR use the Blue VGA cord and Green Audio cable, OR use the White DVI cord).
- Plug the other end of the USB cable into an available USB port on the PC.
- Plug the Display Port cable into the Display Port on the back of the PC to the left of the stack of 2 blue USB Ports.
- Plug the Power cord into the Battery Back side of the UPS unit.
- Turn the power on the Monitor.
- The PC will detect the Touch Monitor. You can go to Devices and Printers and you should see a Monitor device and a Keyboard device for this Monitor.
You can turn on Touch Screen capabilities within POS Company Preferences. This will allow for a numeric box to appear in make a sale and when you are entering quantities on certain screens.